Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yay, urinary tract/ bonus puppehage






I never thought the urinary tract would be cause for celebration, but it is. We've hit one of the shortest chapters in the book in A&P II. YAYS!  I lurves me some short chapters.
This semester has been brutal in many ways. I'm hoping I can eke out a B. Still holding breath on that one.



The pupscape photo is from bed this morning, where we've come up with a new puppeh theme song. Wanna read it? Good. I thought you would. It goes:



Wild puppehs!

Wild puppehs!

WILD PUPPEHS GONE WIIIIIIIILD!



rinse, lather, repeat.  Sung to the tune of Wild Puppies Gone Wild™

Anyway, it ratchets them up to a high frenzy which is a wonderful way to start the day. The Mochi-in-hoodie photo is from yesterday. Poppa Dawg found the monkey hoodie and said it fairly screamed MOCHI so he had to get it. I have to giggle at the thought of his manly self moseying up to the register with this purchase.  Cute!  We put one of Praline's Skull sweaters on her and it was just all wrong. Mochi is a bouncy, flouncy, flopsy puppy and the monkey girl thing fits her better. Praline has skulls because she am fierce. Chuy is swab (TYPO! - meant to write suave but didn't have the heart to change it! laughing at myself here) and debonair, so he goes for classics like is brown and orange houndstooth he was wearing yesterday.  He is a dashing hound.
Speaking of warmness, I am utterly besotted with the electric blanket my mom gave me last year. About an hour before bed, I get it cranked up to 11, and then I lower it to 2 or 3 when I get in bed. It's got the most soporific effect on the pups, too. They normally tussle for 5 or 10 minutes at bedtime, because they love bedtime and it excites them. Seems contradictory, doesn't it? but with the bed pre-warmed, they squirt right under the covers and settle in for a yummy night's sleep.  I love the abject joy with which they greet every occasion - life lessons there. I stay cozy all night, and this despite a spate of 30-ish degree nights. I haven't had the house heater on once yet this year. I've got it set to come on if the mercury in the house dips below 60, but it hasn't happened yet. (Thanks to new windows and friends helping with insulating the attic-- I'm talking to Himself, MattG and aepilot_jim.)

Trying to get my ducks in a row for the coming semester, the end of this semester and the upcoming surgery. It's 4 weeks from tomorrow. yeesh.

Oh, and a chunk of ham dislodged a wire on my braces and I need to go to Dallas tomorrow night to be at the orthodontist first thing on Friday morning, and then it's hippity hop back home to work a full day. Remind me again why I have no down time?
It's good, though. Things are good, and I'm doing well. Life is always good if you have puppies. :)

No comments: