Friday, February 10, 2012

A new sobriquet for your humble narrator.

*ahem*

I've noticed that the kids in my A&P lab are shaky and nervous. That is all good and well while we are working with pre-prepped slides, but, frankly, I don't feel like having my game harshed by some shaky person who is freaking out about handling specimens like sheep blood or worse. Visions of airborne Petri dishes of syphilis are dancing through my head. I don't want to be in the same room with someone who is all trembly and mere thin sheaths of glass between us and cooties.

Maybe I'm strange. Maybe I should have gone the medical route aeons ago and become a surgeon, because handling this stuff rattles me nary a bit. I just like knowing the pathogens are in a contained area and will remain so. This requires an un-wobbly constitution.

Anyway, my lab partners at my table dubbed me Magic Hands, because I'm the only one who can really focus the microscope and do shit with the dropper without going into paroxysms. One woman is taking the class over to up her GPA, and she said I really should be working in a lab, because I KILL with micrscope. Finally! Someone recognizes my skills!

Dunno about that, but I'll take the Magic Hands label. WOOHOO!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm not EVEN gonna go there :-) Congrats on handling the situation well!

Matt G said...

Sometimes, it's the young ladies with the shakes that have the most magic hands of all.

IfyewknowwhutImeanandIthinkyewdo.

Vinogirl said...

I didn't really enjoy my Biology lab class with 30+ unfocused teenagers, in a way their lack of attention to detail was a little unnerving. Of course, not being fully invested in the lab class also meant that they did not tear up when they saw the heartworm infested poochie heart in a jar (which I did)!!!