Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm allergic to rabbits, but... all bunnies will be given quarter...

...so long as I find them before a certain pair of pups do.

... I was just telling Himself on Sunday that I'd love to have pet rabbits. That afternoon, he gallantly mowed the lawn for me only to find that I already have a little nest of baby cottontail rabbits on the lawn (front yard, out of pups' reach). There are 4 in the nest. Though the top of the nest was lopped off, the wee ones seemed snug and warm, and it was not a very cold day and won't be a cold night. He took a mass of coconut fibers and laid that across them to keep them snug until Mama rabbit returns and hopefully moves them somewhere safer. Their eyes are not open yet, and I counted 4. This was the best shot I could get of them, and I also took the shot with quarter to give you an idea of how teeny they are.

They are so incredibly cute. I hope they make it. I'm feeling rather anxious for the little dears' well-being.











4 comments:

Old NFO said...

It will be okay as long as it doesn't freeze again on them...

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Look how tiny they are! I do hope they thrive.

HerrBGone said...

Just don't let 'Himself's' kid brother anywhere near them! Their hearing could be at risk...

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2008/03/easter-squirrels.html

Christina RN LMT said...

I'm having trouble seeing bunnies. I see heads of tiny fawns. Does that make me a bad person?