Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Celebrities: a rather protected class

I was thinking how despite the way a lot of celebrities have shuffled off this mortal coil in recent times, I think their mortality rate is generally lower than that of the general population, don't you? I wondered if there was some tracking engine that had a celebrity death metric online somewhere, but I didn't find it. What I DID find was this funny blog post from Mark Wiberg from Sunday entitled Celebrity Mortality Rate Under Obama Administration Skyrockets! I really don't think there's a connection, but I confess the thought of same did inspire some wicked giggles in me. Funny stuff!

************************

Meanwhile, there was that flap about Gisele Bundchen talking smack about her husband's teammates when they went to the World NBA playoff showdown supergame or some such. Apparently his team lost the big game, and she was goaded by onlookers as she did the walk of shame, so she mouthed off that her husband couldn't play the whole game by himself.

This is boring. I'm sure every wife or husband of a famous athlete on a losing team has run that gauntlet at one time or another. The thing was it was fun for these juvenile types to give copious amounts of guff to a gazillion$-earning $uper-model.
cha-CHING!

It's annoying that she let them get her goat, but I can understand her rising to the bait. OTOH, I don't feel sorry for anyone who just moved into a $20,000,000 house a few weeks ago. Seems to me they have the ability to be quite insulated from much of reality, so, uh, suck it up and deal with it, heifer!

No comments: