Wednesday, October 28, 2009

what to wear?


I have somehow been roped into being a goth marionette along with the women in the two neighboring cubes. What do you think of the black lipstick mixed with Dior's liquid vinyl? Comment from the peanut gallery was "very Elvira." Friday is dress-up day. This is the first time in many years I've felt remotely inclined to dress for Halloween. Should be fun.
I'm still sort of toying with the ideer of doing geisha-style make up with those wee funny lips, though. Then again, I wear red lips every day. I figure it's not often one can really get away with black lips. Why not? But they def. need a dose of red in the mix...
**********************************
my favorite Pratchett quote of the moment:
Mr. Horsefry was a youngish man, not simply running to fat, but vaulting, leaping, and diving toward obesity. He had acquired, at thirty, an impressive selection of chins, and now they wobbled with angry pride.
I can't stop giggling at this. :)

6 comments:

Cliff47 said...

What to wear? Why, a smile, of course...

Anonymous said...

Blue is better. You can do it with eyeshadow.
Elsewhere PhD

Vinogirl said...

I'm liking the geisha idea.

Anonymous said...

More chins then a Chinese phonebook?

B Woodman

Roscoe said...

Tell the peanut gallery to get hip: Elvira's lip color is red with a hint of blue ... like blood.

breda said...

Do the geisha lips in black!