Friday, October 09, 2009

Doleing out bargain basement awards...

Yes. Spelt it that way on porpoise.

I am not surprised Obama was awarded a Nobel Prize. I am surprised it's happened so soon. I'm thinking there was a slight pity-motivator considering the whole Olympics-fail occurrence. Then again, after Al Gore got it, what was left to respect, anyhoo?

Here's something altogether more respectable from the folks who dole out the Ig Nobel Prizes: Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club For Scientists™. I got a giggle out of this.

By the way, this year's Ig Nobel Prize went to the woman who invented a bra which disassembles to make breathing masks for two people. I'd say she's already done more to advance civilization than Obama ever will. Then again, I'm very into accessories...

2 comments:

Alan said...

Funny how the IG Nobel committee has more integrity than the Nobel Committee.

Old NFO said...

Gotta agree with Alan... dammit...