Monday, October 26, 2009

Imogen's Coming To Town...

November 17 Immi'll be playing the Granada Theatre on Lower Greenville in Dallas. I've got my ticket already. *JOY!* To top that off, I'll have two of my favorite people on the planet with me in the form of my sister and my niece. Sis and I have always both been music enthusiasts and have attended many concerts together, and this will be the first time niece is joining us. Fortunately, this show is age 10 and up, so it should be a pretty mild crowd.

Considering the ethereal musicality of Imogen's previous shows (I saw her in Dallas and in Austin last time 2 years ago nearly to the day), I expect this will be a grand occasion. At the Dallas show on the SMU campus last time, she had difficulties with the computer equipment through which most of her music is sampled and sequenced. Her banter to the audience at that time was utterly charming. I kept expecting her to turn around from the computer or the piano with a tray of mis-matched teacups, trying to make sure everyone was having a lovely time. We all did. :)

Here's a link to her North American tour dates with ticket information. Go see Imogen Heap if humanly possible.

4 comments:

Roscoe said...

The tour doesn't come close to my house this time around. Sigh.

I kick myself for missing the "Speak for Yourself" tour and record signing when Immi hit Orlando. At the time, I actually cared more about my job; in retrospect, that was a mistake.

"Ellipse" and the new Venus Hum album, "Mechanics and Mathematics", currently split CD player time during my commute. Since the local radio station dropped Dennis Miller, I have two hours a day to fill driving to and from work.

Zelda said...

Thank you a million times for turning me on to her. She is just amazing. If I can, I will try to see her in Austin.

Ann diPomazio said...

I think I will go see her!

Roberta X said...

Way Kewl!