Thursday, October 04, 2007

Most idiotic news headline I've seen in yonks:
HYBRID CARS CRITICIZED FOR BEING TOO QUIET


I'll let that sink in for a second.

This just goes to show that it's always something. The problem here is that blind people walking around city streets can't hear the bloody flipping electric cars approaching. Heaven forbid that anyone should have to look out for the asshat pedestrians who may be staggering out into the streets in front of their vehicle.

SO, not only do we have to yield a staggering number (read: ALL) of the prime parking spots at any public venue or retail space to the handycapables who may want to park there, but we have to worry about them hearing our vehicles? Maybe these electric cars could have a little bar extending from the fender that we could clothespin a playing card onto so that blind people could hear them approaching? Bonus - all the cool kids will have one!

Well, DUH! Let's just all sit at home on our hands and do nothing because someone might get offended or have their COMPLETELY ARTIFICIAL mobility (in a world where they wouldn't have lived to adulthood mere centuries ago) limited because people want to drive these blasted environmentally sensitive vehicles. Or whatever. It's all just a hot mess.

Here's a newsflash for ya, news we can all use: Life involves risk! There's dangerous stuff in the world. We're all going to die of something. All this bubble-wrapping of children and protecting people from themselves only ensures that the morons live to breeding age, and it takes some of the risk, fun and adventure out of life.

Just because being born is a death sentence is no reason to run around screaming about the sky falling constantly.

Jeez. Get a grip. And while you're at it, get off of my cloud.
It's my birth month, for crying out loud.

9 comments:

g bro said...

Happy Birthmonth, for goodness' sake!

Anonymous said...

http://www.hornblasters.com/

I intend to get one of these for the *next* vehicle I buy.

Yeah, that'll fix 'em.

It won't be a little Scooty-Putt vehicle, either.

I look forward to folks who turn left in front of me discovering the joys of liquid stool when I tap the horn.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Christina RN LMT said...

I think all this is just political correctness run amok.

Just like the utter stupidity of having braille instructions on drive-up ATMs.

What moron came up with that idea?

Maybe I'm too harsh, maybe it's standard for all ATMs to have them, and it's just me being an ass about it.

Whatever, I still think it's stupid.

Anyway, bikes are pretty quiet, too, but I guess being run over by a bike is not as potentially damaging as being run over by a car.

Aren't there several video games around where you get points for mowing down people with your car?

Must ask my daughter...

Anonymous said...

I hope your cloud carries you through your birth month with no more worries.

Happy birth month!

DBA Dude said...

Was that an Asterix quote?

"We have nothing to fear save the sky falling on our heads"

NotClauswitz said...

Our neighbor has a Priapus and my wife, not hearing it and busy talking to me in the driveway, nearly got run over - yeh theyz stealthy quiets.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Well I guess in all fairness, it does take away some of the sport if they can't hear you. It's sort of like hunting at night with a flashlight then.

phlegmfatale said...

g bro - so farry, so goody.

rabbit - yeah, liquishit - you think exactly like I do, you brilliant thing!

christina - I can imagine a game in which one mows down the handicapped would be quite the sensation, cept they don't move fast enough to be a challenging target

lainy - thank ya, babe. having fun, kicking ass and taking names. WOOHOO!

dba dude - is that all? :P

dirtcrashr - eek! Well, the dumbass behind the wheel should be paying attention where they're going, too - the pedestrian is not the only thinking human in the equation, presumably

barbara - yeah, it's hardly fair - takes all the fun right out of it.

Lin said...

Aww fer chrying out loud ... then we can put playing cards in the bloody spokes of the hybrids. And pay more attention. If we are meant to survive our handicaps, then Darwin allows us some sharpening of our survival senses. If not, I don't mind gracefully bowing out of the gene pool. And some days, it's a real close call but so far, so good.