Saturday, July 23, 2022

The hotness.

 The heat has been terrible this year, but it's not the worst. The worst was 2011 or 2012, whatever year it was that we had more than 100 consecutive days over 100 degrees F. And those hot days started in late April, so it was brutal. This year, April and May weren't too bad, so I'm not going to complain. We have had a few days over 115, and that, frankly, is astonishing. I mean, it's awful, but it is baffling.

We also had a bit of a reprieve this week, because it was overcast and cold (like 80-95 degrees) for two whole days. The break was nice. 

I am ready for cold weather. I can put on as many layers as necessary to stay warm, but there's only so many clothes one can take off. 

I find that I'm much more heat-fragile since I've had the 'rona twice, too, so it does get old. 

I'm mostly going to try to hold it together, stay as cool as possible, and think cooling thoughts. 

No comments: