Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Lingering effects.

This ghastly head cold seems near to having run its course. I know I'm over the worst with a headcold when the rib-crunching coughing arrives. I've tried to irrigate my sinuses once daily with a saline rinse up each nostril, but sometimes I can tell the pressurized mist is not making much headway. *bad pun, intentional* At least I'm feeling remotely human again. I've been laying around with puppy dogs for the past 4 days, so actually feeling like doing things is a major improvement.

I  came across this article today of a gentleman in England who started a spiderwort plant in a large glass bottle terrarium in 1960. He watered it 12 years later, but has otherwise kept it completely sealed for over 50 years, and it's a thriving little ecosystem. Absolutely fetching!  Here's a link to the lovely story.

Trying to get my mud in a ball for the coming semester. I need to clean my study space and really get stuff in order. I can't believe that there's only one week of winter break, but, in fairness, I've spent about a week of the break sick. I'm so glad I wasn't sick DURING classes.  Hoping for a great semester.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad you're getting better!

Paul S said...

The dreaded winter lurgy has been wreaking havoc on this side of the Atlantic too.
I'll probably just be recovered in time to go to work on Monday!