Saturday, June 01, 2013

Hi. My name is Phlegmmy. I am a workaholic. For the moment.

I to paraphrase Master Pratchett, I haven't run to early rising so much as leapt in bounds toward it, my eyes eagerly springing awake at 5:00 AM. This is sick, I know. I get myself together and hie me to the office to plug away at paperwork for a couple of hours before my shift on the phones begins. This weekend, I have the emergency line, which usually starts ringing at 6AM on a Saturday. I dozed a bit and got out of bed a little before 6:00 am and linked the laptop with the office system. Here it is, 7:42, and not a single person has called. And I'm in my cups. Well, coffee cups, anyway-- I've had 3. I'm (un)tanned, rested and ready, and I've been awaiting that welcome, most un-dulcet of rings, and nothing. If I wanted to sleep late this morning, though, it would have been ringing non-stop. Object lesson, here!

No comments: