Thursday, April 26, 2012

Random post about my parents.

I'm thankful for a great many things. I'm thankful I live in a place where I-- as a rapidly-hurtling-into-middle-age woman-- can go to college with the prospect of starting a whole new career where I may thrive and make enough money to put by for myself in old age. I'm thankful for my dear little dogs who make each day an absolute joy. Any day I wake up with them and go to sleep with them was a good day. Any night when I rouse to find one glued to each side was a night of warmth and contentment. They are my babies and for them I am truly thankful. And finally and most importantly, I'm thankful for parents who are so remarkable and brilliant, and yet have always taken the time to tell me how special I am, and that nothing to which I aspire is beyond my grasp. I do hope to have as much belief in myself as do my Mom and Dad. Thus were born the seeds of any confidence I might ever have in life. May every girl born from here forward know the same.

No comments: