Monday, December 17, 2012

Yawning.

An unexpectedly painful experience.

...and something just came out of my nose. I think 'twas an extra from the filming of The Hobbit and looks to be the harbinger of the drainage stage of the proceedings. I'll take it. The swelling stage has been kind of awful.


Puppyless Sunday was sad but necessary. Last thing I need is them bouncing around my head and dislodging things.

I think I am doing quite well generally, but I believe I underestimated how miserable this would be.

Viva hydrocodone. Looking forward to no longer feeing like there are rubber extensions on my nose and lips.

And why did the ear worm I'm stuck with have to be "never trust a big butt and a smile."?

7 comments:

Jess said...

The peanut gallery waits patiently for the next puppy Sunday. Until then, be well and may your healing be swift.

Lin said...

Well, we can't have any of this disturbing ear worm nonsense plaguing you during this crucial recovery phase.

Here; recall my singing you "Springtime for Hitler and Phlegm Fatale!!" or ... YOU know ... "Gim-me dat fish".

Total mental chaos achieved ... hmpphhhh! - my work is done here.


Old NFO said...

One step and a time... :-) And that IS a bad earworm...LOL

Andi said...

Oh, honey, don't I know that feeling! Have been thinking good thoughts for you, and hoping the hydrocodone continues to help with the pain. Lots of rest, and good vibes headed your way! *hugs*

DaddyBear said...

I was very thankful to the gods of opiates when I had my sinus surgery. I appear to have posted while medicated, because I don't remember any of the posts from that week.

Hope things keep on getting better!

drjim said...

Hang in there, kiddo!

This will all be over soon, and the results will be worth it.

Anonymous said...

Ummm - on a practical if disgusting note: Hydrocodone, while effective for pain, has the nasty side effect of causing a miserable bout of constipation. Days and days thereof.

Don't ask me how I know.