Saturday, December 22, 2012

This will have to be quick, having popped my painkiller/sleep aid combo, but something's been stick in my craw and I've finally hit upon it.

Jean-Baptiste Emanuel zorg.

In luc besson's 1997 dystopian Sci-Fi romp, bad guy zorg is masterfully portrayed by Gary Oldman who says the characterization is a composite drawn from such sources as bugs Bunny and Ross Perot.

What excited me was that I've seen articles in recent times declaring the twilight of the redneck. It was therefore slow to seep in, but at least some folk speculate that not only will rednecks be with us in centuries to come, but that may well be Running a lot of shit, too.

Oldman gobbles up several dimensions of scenery with a wink, and all those times it didn't occurr to me just how that accent/farm aesthetic really stuck out in that context. Now that I've noticed it, I love it even more.
Tee hee.

5 comments:

Stormdrane said...

Get well soon! :)

MSgt B said...

Appears I've missed all the fun. Hope you're still healing rapidly.

Loved Oldman's character in that movie.

Sounds like the pain meds are working great.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

Bring me the priest.

Thud said...

Get well soon and have a great Christmas.Here's to a wonderful 2013 for us all.

Old NFO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! And get better soon! :-D