Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reflections one week post operation

Wow. I suppose it does not seem a week ago because I was foggy the first few days after. Overall, I think I'm doing quite well. I've tapered way off the pain meds to a whole one at bedtime and half one with breakfast. I don't have much discomfort now, but the dizziness of pain meds was getting to me. I've not managed a full night of sleep, so in a short while I'm taking a sleep aid. I've also mostly slept in Mom's electric recliner, but I'm trying to make it through the night in bed this time.

I was surprised that as Andie predicted, I've not felt like crocheting. Maybe tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mouth cleanup after eating is a major pain, but a necessary evil. Can't afford to let nastiness breakout so close to ground zero. Or in general.

Sensation is returning rather quickly in most spots. I still have the sensation of rubber extensions on my lips and nose. Sometimes my nose itches and scratching does not satisfy.

Drove to CvS today and shuffled through the store in houseshoes and with my jaw-bra tastefully concealed in a lovely silk scarf. Schnoobie has declared me a zombie fashionista. La! I know I look startling to people because I look like a monchichi. Remember those? Just don't expect to see me with thumbs buried knuckle-deep in my nose-holes.

Everything is SUCH a production. I tire quite quickly. The heart is willing but the rest of me is wimpy in the extreme.

The swelling is going down, by and by, but one nice by-product has been the plumping effect on wrinkles. I could be 20! Matter of fact, later on I'll dig up the teenager on YouTube who had this surgery and could be my twin.

Weather is getting cold which will keep me further cooped up, but I'll settle for not getting sick. Glad I did this and I think recovery is coming at a nice pace. Looking forward to seeing my pups, though, hopefully at the end of next week.

6 comments:

drjim said...

Very good to hear you're getting back to normal!

Have a Merry Christmas!

Old NFO said...

That's great news Phlegmmy!

Tam said...

"Jaw-bra"? "Monchichi"?

Oh, I miss you!

Keep getting weller!

Keads said...

Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

Stay away from the Wal-Mart! You don't want to wind up in one of those pics.
Glad you are feeling better. So anxious to see you back to your fabulous self.

charlotte g said...

I know you don't feel heroic, but you are. I admire you for this a lot. You will be so much better after. Painful going through, but as you say, the pain is not so bad.
The results will ge way worth it. A year from now? A new you, with huge goals reached, chomping down on chocolate pecan pie. Go, Sister! I salute you!