Monday, December 03, 2012

Feeling a little wistful.

This is the start of the final week of me working from home. Next week starts my time off for my surgery, so I'll be out for at least a month, but I'm pretty bummed about working away from home after this. I do better and more focused work from home. And I find it easier to have a good attitude about the surly, navel-gazing 20-somethings at work when I don't have to, you know, see them. le sigh. Oh well.

For my lunch today, I went out back and picked up a few pounds of pecans because: free food! I can't eat nuts because of my braces, but I can gift them, and I can also freeze the shelled ones. Thing is that I'm a little weary of shelling pecans. I can suck it up and deal with it, though, because, again: free food!

Then when my braces come off next year, I can celebrate with a pecan pie or something.

Nice to look forward to that.

In the meantime, though, I'll hate being away from my pups for work, but needs must. Onward and upward.

4 comments:

DaddyBear said...

We're considering putting a pecan tree. They just take so long to bear fruit. We already have an almond tree in, and walnuts grow wild here like pecans do down there. And yeah, yippee for free food!

Old NFO said...

Do what you've gotta, and remember it IS for a good cause (YOU)!

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

Could you have pecan butter?

Gaffer said...

Life always needs a goal. Pecan pie next years sounds like a great goal.There are a lot of people out here in blog land that are thinking good thoughts for you and the pups (and Law Dog)