Tuesday, September 04, 2012

porcelain pistols at teatime? Don't mind if I do.

Kathy Jackson of The Cornered Cat (now in book form, too!) directed me to a Retronaut page with some wild shoes from 1939 she thought I'd find intriguing.  She knew whereof she spoke!

Retronaut is great, actually, and I found these porcelain pistols rendered by an artist whose statements are listed with the photographs.  The artist states:
Its coolness and comfortable grip increase the qualms of the user, leaving him in a quandary between the pleasure of luxury and violence

Uh.  The only qualm I'd have is that this pistol is not actually functional. Plus any pistol I keep handy is there as a measure against violence that would harm myself or the fair person of anyone I hold dear.  And, depending on the company, it's probably not polite to have one's firing iron on the table during meal time, rather like leaving your hat on while eating, etc.  Still, they are very pretty. I'd like a few to hang on my wall.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oookkkaaayyyy THAT is different! :-)

Erin Palette said...

"Every well-bred petty crook knows that the small, concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting. " -- Inara Serra, "Heart of Gold", Firefly

NotClauswitz said...

At least it's Delft and not some cheap overseas copy.

Jennifer said...

Those are kind of great.

Auntie J said...

Dunno. Might make a statement at your next tea party.

Which would be well and truly hilarious if all your guests were in single-digit ages.

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

Hmmm, I was thinking about putting feminine grips on my S&W so my hubby wouldn't play with it...

:)