Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hot dogs.

Here at Chez Phlegm, I take as given that whatever I do, one or more pups will insist upon being close at hand, but at no time moreso than when I sleep. With the arrival of Mochi, now every night is a three dog night. If I lived in a cooler clime, this would be a feature. As it is, the temp yesterday was about 97. It stormed last night and the pups snuggled in tight and for dear life. I sleep on my right side. Praline insists upon curling up against my shins. She wants to be under the covers, but she likes having a peep space so she can watch in case she needs to spring into action to defend the pack, what with her running the universe, and all. Chuy is an inveterate burrower. He snuggles up as close to my back as he can. Sometimes he'll be farther Under the covers when I wake up, but I suspect he wants to be nearby in case of any petting opportunities. Mochi is more freestyle and she moves around in her sleep quite a bit. Sometimes I wake up and she is beside me on the pillow on her back. She then looks at me very matter of factly and waits for tummy rubbins. She is always ready to SPRING into her day. I know some of that is just the puppyhood talking, but I truly hope she never loses that energy. :)

So, anyhoo, they make me too hot at night. But it's a good hot. I think I'll keep them. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Vinogirl said...

Love it!

Old NFO said...

LOL, it's probably a good thing you're not one that flops back and forth!

Anonymous said...

Lucky dogs.