Saturday, April 14, 2012

Yummy.

The Benelli exhibit stoked my wish for one of their shotguns all the more hotly. Yummy.

Henry has a .45 rifle that is exceedingly weighty but looks a real treat. Yeah, want one of those, too. It's a handsome thing.

I've been planning to switch out my carry pistol for one that is smaller and especially lighter. Old NFO gave Himself and me a high-spots trot around the hall first thing out of the chute this morning, and he showed us a wonderful new pistol from Smith & Wesson called New M&P Shield. Do. Want. There's a dream of a trigger on that one.

I can't recommend strongly enough that every shooting enthusiast make it to at least one NRA Convention. I definitely plan to attend next year in Houston. Even the generally very introverted Himself has enjoyed himself despite the crush of the crowds. You may fall in love with a new (or old) firearm, or you may simply find endless oodles of things to enhance your shooting experience. Most importantly, you'll meet a lot of really great people.

3 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.

NotClauswitz said...

If they happen to hold the convention in Hawaii when I'm on vacation I might be able to make it but, otherwise I really don't travel anywhere at all...

Rabbit said...

L. wants a Benelli after fondling them at Ray's. I think they're the most advanced shotguns I've ever encountered and all my Arkansas duck hunting buddies swear by them.

I have to wonder if that new S&W Shield is that much better than a slicked-up 3913. I've got to go see for myself, because I know where I can horse-trade a friend out of a really nice 3913 and I'm considering downsizing a little.

Sounds like y'all are having a great time! Take more pictures!