Monday, April 16, 2012

Home safely with puppies.

I have much, much much to share about the NRA Convention in St Louis. I met some fascinating people, found at least a couple of my future firearms purchases, and I learned a tremendous amount of things ranging from the political to shooting equipment and technique. I'm looking forward to sharing more with you, but I have a test in Anatomy & Physiology in the morning so I need to settle in with a book and some puppies. I promise to write soon in detail(probably by this time tomorrow), and I have some wonderful links to the blogs of people I've met to share with you.

For all my friends and on-line blogroll folks who were in attendance, it was nice to see you again or to meet you for the first time(more on that soon, too, I promise!).

I think ours is one of the most remarkable groups of people within our society. We are diverse, respectful and generally very upbeat people, and all this in spite of the politically correct finger-wagging that comes our way about the danger of guns and of people who own them. I chose a lovely Irish pub at which to convene for dinner on Saturday night, and we numbered around 20. The waitstaff at TigĂ­n made particular mention that they always had a large influx of folks from every convention and seminar that comes to town, and they said we were by far the most orderly, respectful and pleasing group to have as customers. Lest you think the waitstaff were simply angling for tips, we were also told by janitorial staff at the convention center that we were so much neater and so much less rude than other groups.

I think there is more than a little truth to Heinlein's saying that an armed society is a polite society.

Quite! More soon!

No comments: