Thursday, February 16, 2012

5 weeks of school nearly down the tubes

That means the semester is nearly a third over. *whew*

Took my first Psych test last night and was not thrilled that I made 42 out of 50, but it's not terrible, either. I'm just hoping for extra credit opportunities, because I'd like to drag that puppy up to an A. I think so far my average is a high B. Fingers crossed

**************************

The sprain on my ankle is SO much better now. I thought this one was middling, but I think this may actually be the mildest of all sprains I've gotten. I was really worried I'd have to sit out the Scooby-Doo chase sequence at the end of the musical on Friday and Saturday, but now I'm feeling hopeful-- or maybe I can do that part for at least the last performance on Saturday night. I've got dear friends coming in from several points distant for the Saturday night show, so I'd like them to see me in all my goofy splendour.

Yes, I'm goofy, and I'm splendid. Try not to be jealous!

**************************

I didn't watch the Grammys, but I saw some photos and video, and didn't Adele look absolutely gorgeous? I was really happy for her. It was also gratifying that Bon Iver took home a couple of the awards, and was so humble and down-to-earth. Nice when you can feel like the download bucks you spend are in part supporting decent people who just make music because they love making music, and not to be an over-sexed, overindulged superstar with a ridiculous lifestyle.

**************************
I may be getting together with some friends to watch the Oscars, because Melissa McCarthy was nominated for best supporting actress for her role in Bridesmaids. Side-splitting, seriously. It's rare for an actor to be nominated for an Oscar for a role in a comedy, but hers was definitely one of my all-time favorite characters on film. Everything she did was funny. Loved her bridesmaide silk gown with the hideous Moses sandals.
**************************

Have a special Thursday

No comments: