Saturday, March 14, 2009

what American accent do you have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The Inland North
The Northeast
Philadelphia
Boston
The West
The South
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

You see that? I have a great voice for TV and Radio. Someone should tell TV and Radio. I know they must be longing to hire me.

10 comments:

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

This thing nailed me.

100% Philadelphia!

Buck said...

Splain me how a gal who was raised in Arkansas and lives in Dallas gets away with NO accent? "Willing suspension of disbelief" required... ;-)

g bro said...

But a face made for the silver screen, dahling!

Bridget Jones said...

That thing is a fibber. No way I sound like a boston-er!

OrangeNeck said...

Pennsylvanians have an accent. It's slight, but it's there. I notice it only because I'm from New York and I have a slight New York accent, except when I get excited, angry or upset and then I sound like a real Noo Yawka.

OrangeNeck said...

Okay, that accent quiz was stupid. I answered all the questions right and they still pegged me as being from the Northeast. They probably make that guess from my IP address and narrowed it down to where it's originating.

GeorgeH said...

Can it tell the Midland accent from the Alpine accent?

Home on the Range said...

The West. Gee. Imagine that.

Then it launched into this "free IQ test" and though I have no sexy and discernible accent I'm happy to report I'm smarter than most of Congress.

Or a stump.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

My IP is in Florida and I tell you this thing nailed me being from Philly...

I was born and raised there.

Anonymous said...

Inland North here. Made some accusation that I could refer to carbonated soft drinks as "pop".

Ever body knows it's pronounced "CO-Cola".