Thursday, January 14, 2010

Um, Ew. Ewe.

In Turkey, a vet performed a Caesarian on a sheep and a human-faced, uh, lamb, was delivered. Apparently, not long ago, a goat in Zimbabwe had a human-faced baby, too:




A goat from Zimbabwe gave birth to a similar youngster in September 2009. The
mutant baby born with a human-like head stayed alive for several hours until the frightened village residents killed him.

Goodbye, cruel world!


I'm in paroxysms of disgust, and yet, that last bit made me giggle like, well, like a loony giggling thing.

I ask you: what kind of sick society would have something bee-zarre like that show up and not keep it around long enough to celebrate it with its own Facebook page or to at least photograph it? Anyhoo, the Turkish sheep thingie looks smug-- doesn't it?-- like a politician, even. It rather looks like Dick Gephardt. Um, was he in Turkey about 4 months ago, slipping some Roophies in some comely young sheep's trough? I think we have a right to know what's going on here.

Yuck. Anyhoo, I figure if the locals are right and the human-faced goat was the product of an unholy union between a human man and a lady goat, well, I figure this sort of thing would have been popping up all over the place before now, don't you? I mean, I know sometimes a sheep really does need to be pushed through a hedgerow, but... Then again, this does seem to dovetail with the early American colonists' obsession with monstrous births.


Anyway, I wonder what they call a redneck in Zimbabwe? Or Turkey?

And speaking of, one time I asked Ambulance Driver the difference between a Louisiana Redneck and a Coonass, and he said

"Rednecks have sex with livestock, but Coonass get emotionally involved."

7 comments:

Rabbit said...

Looks rather Emo to me, but with a sly little smile.

Pity. I'm sure it would have been a big hit touring with Adam Lambert from American Idol.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Old NFO said...

Good question Phlegmmy...

phlegmfatale said...

Rabbit - you win the Internets today!

Old NFO - Thot so!

Jon said...

The first thing that crossed my mind was the size of the supposed lamb. The ewe must have been as big as cow.

Personally, I think it's a hoax and the supposed face is the result of someone snapping a photo while someone 2 skins a sheep.

phlegmfatale said...

Jon - yeah, it's like BatBoy on the tabloids - I figured it wasn't real. Creepy, though.

Zelda said...

I'm on the side of the frightened villagers.

*shudder*

Zelda said...

Anyway, I wonder what they call a redneck in Zimbabwe? Or Turkey?

Muslim

Yeah, probably going to hell.