Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sicky...

Buying salad stuff for dinner Thursday night, I happened to pick up stuff for tea at work. I got a box of Twinings Lady Grey tea, a box of raw sugar packets and a box of Mini-Moos, those cute little room-temp half and half packets.


Little did I know that I'd be in agony at work halfway through the day Friday and need something warm and soothing to drink. I dragged my aching carcass to the break room and filled my lovely mug with hot water from the coffee maker, and I swilled tea and somehow made it through the day.


Thank goodness I've a 3 day weekend in which to recover. Ugh.

7 comments:

Tarb said...

I hope you're feeling better now, Phlegmmy. It can be terrible getting sick at work, especially just before or after a long weekend. You just know any request to go home sick will be met with open suspicion, if you have that option at all! Hopefully by now you have the pups trained to fetch you cocktails and chocolate, and you'll be able to just lie on the couch and relax for the whole weekend, being waited on hand and foot by your doggy minions.

Home on the Range said...

I hope you feel better. Love the tea mug.

If your nose is stuffy try the Celestial Seasoning peppermint. You don't have to drink it, just get out one of the tea bags and inhale it. ahhhh

Farmmom said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Jay G said...

Get well soon Phlegmmie!

FarmGirl said...

Feel better, lady.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

Hope you get well soon! And that the pups don't squirm too much when used as self-heating hot water bottles.

Vinogirl said...

I hope the tea made you feel better...but really, hot water from the coffee pot!!!! That just offends my Englishness :)