Monday, November 02, 2009

Zombie season is here...

I don't know about you, but I never liked the straightforward horror films so much, but the bad-pun fests that were Army of Darkness and its ilk made me squeal with delight.

In that tradition, we now have Zombieland, which is one of the best howlfests I've seen in ages. This weekend I squandered that extra hour giggling maniacally at this movie. What makes it even better is that the Woody Harrelson (I've never liked him until this film) is a made-over former neighbor of mine, one my niece and I called Chomp-Chomp Cowboy.

Funny stuff. See this film. For one thing, it'll make you think: in a post-apocalyptic world, Twinkie extinction is a real problem, and I expect Moon Pies would not be far behind, alas. Turns out there is something to be said for being taken out in the first wave. I don't care what they say I won't stay in a world without Moon Pies.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I saw Zombieland in the middle of October while visiting Roy. I loved the Double-Tap rule. And I will never forget "Nut up or Shut up."