Monday, November 23, 2009

Babysitting How-To


Saturday I babysat the sprogs for dear friends while they went to the new queerwolf/fagpyre movie. They were very sweet, quite well-behaved and generally tended themselves. No limbs were lopped off and I'm calling that a win/win. The trick of good babysitting is knowing how much to allow them to self-manage. Of course, these kids are smart and not monstrous at all, so left to their own devices is not generally a bad thing in their case. I think I did rather well, don' t you?



Still sicky but I expect to make it in to work today. Feeling much better. My joints are aching like mad, but were much worse Saturday night. Have had a little fever here and there, but that's not been bad. No sneezing, but I do have some congestion in my lungs.


Someone has made me promise to go to the doctor if I'm not better soon, so hopefully that won't be necessary.

6 comments:

Don said...

Good to hear that you're starting to feel better!

Jess said...

It's been about a year since I fought the crud. Last time was with congestion. It reached the point I knew I had to get rid of it, but I didn't know what was best. I finally went to a pharmacy, scoped out the decongestants, and decided with the generic form of Mucinex. It wasn't time release, but did the same thing.(Much cheaper, also) I was relieved when it started coming out and I could breath without rattling.

Take care and stay hydrated.

Anonymous said...

Containerized children. How neat and convenient. Just stack-and-store.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

B Woodman

Rabbit said...

You left the lid and anvil off that box.

Hope you feel better soon. Try some of the old-school Nyquil, the kind with alcohol and other goodies in it, not that grade-school variety they try to pass off as Nyquil now.

Hugs,
Rabbit.

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

hahah!!Rabbit!!
I love the idea of the addition of an anvil on top of the lid! Pure evil genius!
Good job Phlemmy!and sooooo glad you are feeling bettah!

Sparrow said...

Argh! I had it two weeks ago. The worst was the achiness, that stuff lasted three days. It was also accompanied by some goopy schnoo in my lungs. It took a good five or six days to start to feel normal again. Feel better soon!