Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nut Up or Shut Up

I've got a week's worth of posts in me on the trip up to Blogorado as well as the event itself.

I'm back home in Elsewhere, however, and I am too tired to post much today, so this will have to do.

As you may know, Ambulance Driver hit a large buck on the way from the range Sunday night as we were heading over to FarmFamily's house for dinner. The night before, FarmMom had fried up some appetizers for everyone, and I took one and ate it. Chewy. Springy, even. Hmm. Interesting texture and flavour. Turns out you don't have to go all the way into the Rocky Mountains to sample one of their variety of oyster. They weren't bad, just a little odd. Maybe with a creamy garlic sauce?

Anyhoo, when that lovely buck was lying on the road, I thought his, uh, prognosticles looked soft, furry, so I decided to see for myself.

"Stop abusing that poor dead animal!" someone exhorted in mock outrage.

"I'm not abusing it, I'm respecting it. You must respect the buck nuts" I said in mock reverence. Having eaten another animal's ball the night before, there seemed a toothsome symmetry to fondling this other pair. Book-endish, even. Anyhoo - Christina took a picture.

Anyway, that's prolly the most dull thing you could hear about Blogorado, but tonight, it's all I can give.

7 comments:

Julie said...

you do know don't you that trying to explain some things only makes the whole thing look worse :)

LabRat said...

I've always found ranch dressing to be more than adequate, but given the rich flavor, they'd probably stand up well to something creamy but assertively mustardy.

TOTWTYTR said...

Umm. Uh. Well. Never mind.

Gay_Cynic said...

You know, the oysters weren't bad at all...

And you were an effervescent and charming conversationalist, and just *too cute* playing with KatyBeth.

Robert Langham said...

Usually, you have to pay good money for that kind of thing.

Old NFO said...

Well, "some" people didn't enjoy them once they found out what they were eating :-)

(but the whole bowl of them disappeared before the evening was over)

Zelda said...

I'd say he was a lucky buck, but he was dead, so....