Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mr. Bean Takes An Oyster

Last week I picked up Mr. Bean Takes A Holiday for $9.99. The seafood spectacle is one of the funniest scenes on film, in my humble opinion.

Here's a tiny taste.



The rest of the oyster scene is side-splitting. Funny thing to me is that I love raw oysters, and even I can understand why they are such a repellent prospect to some folks. Mr. Bean shows why. I think that bit about the oyster moving around the shell in its death throes is a myth, though. Have never seen it, myself.

8 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

If someone paid me a thousand bucks, I'd eat a raw oyster. Otherwise, UGH.

Anonymous said...

They do move, poor little widgets.
Elsewhere PhD.

breda said...

Nah...they're good and dead by the time they get to your table. I've had oyster shooters in Maryland and, gosh they're good. Oysters and hot sauce with a plastic cup of beer, sitting outside in the autumn sunshine - can't be beat.

George said...

I'm with you, Christina LMT, maybe for 2K?...

Don said...

Anything that looks even vaguely like snot definitely won't make it onto my plate.

Although...Christina might have something with the $1000 thing. I'd probably hurl afterwards, but I'd have $1000.

Old NFO said...

But they're GOOD :-) A little Tabasco, a cracker and a beer :-)

Zelda said...

I will eat raw oysters, but I prefer them cooked in some way. Usually in a poboy. More flavor when they're cooked.

NotClauswitz said...

Mmmm great! A friend knows the folks at Hog Island up in Marin and has them down for parties. Hot on the grill!