Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I kept my eyes closed when I woke up, drifting in the warm fluffy down comforter cloud of coziness, when I thought of my favorite Irregular Choice shoes. The ones with the leather trim filligreed like lace. Yeah, the ones with 6" platform heels. Sorta black-Minnie-Mouse-on-'roids effect. Yes, I had to put them on. They look great with my pajamas, by the way. I'm wearing them now.

So then I thought I needed to get to zappos.com and see if they still have this model in stock in the nude color leather, and alas, they do not. Disappointment is part of life, though, eh? Then something caught my eye, and my pulse started racing...

Just when I thought there was no room in my heart for any more love, along come these little deadlies:


zomg! I think I have to have them. Blue is so my color. Am I crazy, or are these kind of space-vixeny?


They'll be the cheapest shoes I've bought in absolute ages. Plus it's been at least a decade since I bought myself a pair of metallic shoes, so this is downright thrifty. AND they'll be here in time for the next Gogol Bordello show, even though I was thinking of wearing the Minnie-Mousers. Ah, the agony and the ecstasy of decisions...

UPDATE:


So after I hit "post" in blogger, I hauled ass to my handbag in the other room, revving the old plastic as I wrenched it from my wallet. I returned to Zappos to see this little glory is only available in a size 6. Extensive searching landed me at the doorstep of irregularchoicestore.com, which also doesn't have this in stock. Have emailed inquiry to the company in full-bore grovel mode. Will keep you posted.


The good news, though, is I found the platform Mary Janes in the nude color (and half the price I originally paid) but also in Silver. Should I buy both? Am sorely tempted. *le sigh*

14 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I love the tiny red thing-on-the-bottom-of-the-heel!

I'm sure there's a name for it, and I'm sure you know it!

BTW, if you're ever interested in the bizarre genre of "chick-lit/vampire/humor", check out MaryJanice Davidson's "Undead..." series. The main character has an absolute designer shoe fetish, and almost goes catatonic at the thought of going bowling...renting shoes that somebody else has worn...?!

;)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Those really are adorable! And I do love that shade of blue. It's your colour!

DBA Dude said...

"color - electric blue sheep"

WTF - sheep? Still, as you point out a thrifty buy - enjoy.

HollyB said...

Chriatina, those are called "heel caps" and I think it's so chic when they are done in diff colors!

LaP, I LOVE those EYELET shoes! If those are the ones that are 1/2 price...go for it!
But those blue ones, while I can appreciate their beauty from an aesthetic standpoint...they hurt my feet just lookin' at 'em.

Anonymous said...

You must have them. Are you not a fan of Philip K. Dick?

ps: Check the photo of shoes I posted for you yestiddy.

Buck said...

Hmmm. I'm thinking if I had your shoe budget, Phlegmmy, I could finally get that supercharger for The Green Hornet. And a suspension upgrade, too. ;-)

breda said...

Phlegmmy, If I was able to wear them, I would have a collection of fancy, sexy, whimsical shoes...so I am depending on you to make my vicarious shoe-life as fantastic as possible. You simply must get both.

Anonymous said...

Get both. Live, girl, live! ;)

alphonsedamoose said...

What is it about shoes that send women GaGa? They seem to be the male equivalent of tools.LOL

Lin said...

I'm all for those blue beasties if you can only buy one pair. Aw heck, get both ... decisions are a pain.

NotClauswitz said...

Outstanding! Yowza!

Tam said...

"Am I crazy, or are these kind of space-vixeny?"

Those shoes boldly go where no shoes have gone before.

phlegmfatale said...

omg - Christina-- that series is SO on my short list, now! WOOHOO!

Barbara - it's called "Electric Blue Sheep."
Would have preferred them to be called "Electric Sheep Blue" but that's okay. I'll fight through it.

dba dude - I'm wanting it to be a PKD reference. :P

Holly, I'd already bet money the eyelet shoes are more comfortable, but if there's any way on Erf to get my paws in these, I'm gonna. Congrats on your sexy new 'Vogs, woman!

myron - yes, I must!

AH, but buck-- I was denied children in this life. This here's my compensation. I like to think of it as "squandering the diaper money."

oh, breda - I can always rely on you as the voice of common sense. I'm taking one -- no, make that two -- for the team. YAY, team! What will we call our team I'm taking two for, btw?

lainy - consensus decrees I must

alphonse - bubby! These are not just ANY shoes, poppet. These will change my life!

lin - survey says: Buy 'em both. Yup. Yup. Yup.

dirtcrashr - Yowza is the perfect word for them, innit???

tam - which is precisely why I intend to beam me up a pair toute-de-suite, if humanly possible. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to pay shipping from England. Poop. Oh well! Needs must.

Anonymous said...

*sigh*....you need them both. Just like I need the last 2 purses I wanted! I especially like the eyelet ones! You don't want to know which Coach bag I want-can't even afford that bad boy used-o the injustice of a system that doesn't pay it's flunkies enough to have unlimited shoes and bags!