Saturday, August 16, 2014

Knot Fad Away

I'm loving the recent trend toward hair buns.  Lots of beautiful young women are wearing hair buns because it's easy and, well, it's easy.  It started for me in the Fall semester, but I began wearing a bun to keep my hair out of the way during clinicals.  I try to do it up tastefully in a way that doesn't just look like a wad of hair perched precariously atop my head, but I'm not sure what the overall effect is.  Seems like the last time this was a major trend was the late 70s, and I was a little kid and wouldn't have worn my hair that way if you'd paid me.



Welcome back, bun. Take the load off. Set a spell. Stay a while.


Y'all come back now, y'hear?

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, I remember both my grandmothers always having their hair in buns...

Laura said...

back when i wore my hair VERY long (like, long enough to sit on), it was usually either in a bun or in pigtail braids. it was the only way to keep it under control...and wearing it in a bun came with the added bonus of extra volume once i let it down.

my hair is just now long enough to do a teeny tiny bun, and i'm almost relieved. might have to keep growing it out. i almost miss being able to do things like that.

Jennifer said...

I'm a fan

jedi master ivyan said...

Pretty hair sticks and such can be fun and dress up an otherwise blah bun.