Thursday, August 14, 2014

And just like that, the summer school break is almost over...

*sigh*

I've made progress in fits and starts, but I have so so so much work to do before school starts a week from Monday.  My Mental Health clinical is sorted, and I'll have 3 hours of nursing class on Mon/Wed, and Mental health clinical is Tuesdays, but when my med/surg I clinical will be will remain a mystery most likely until the second or third day of class.  It probably seems like a small thing to wait for, but if I knew which day I'd have that clinical, then I could better steel myself for the semester. It's possible it could be Saturday or Sunday night. I'm in for whatever the program serves up, obviously, but waiting to set my chops for my full schedule seems a bit stressful.

But maybe I'm making this more stressful than it has to be? What is, is.  Best to get on with it!

The great news is that in just the past few weeks, my knee with the torn meniscus is dramatically improved! Sometimes I'll go an entire day or two with no pain, and I suddenly notice to miss hurting-- it's a refreshing feeling.  I'm not going to be wearing my very high heels any time soon, but I'm much more steady on my pins, so that's a good thing.

I've been practicing my ukulele more lately, and that's been enjoyable.  I've learned Lucky Ball & Chain by They Might Be Giants and also Amy Winehouse's version of Valerie, and these are fun, rollicking tunes that set well in my vocal range, too.  It's good to be making music again, if only to torment my poor wee pups!

This weekend is my antique market. I'm hoping all goes well and that I make a nice tidy profit.  It would be good to have extra dosh to launch me into the school year. maybe I could even manage to get a fun new pair of shoes? We shall see!

2 comments:

drjim said...

Hang in there, kiddo!

Look how far you've come in such a short time.

Sooner than you know, you'll be starting a new career in something you've dreamed about.

Old NFO said...

Have fun! :-)