Saturday, April 12, 2008

funny how circular things can be.

After work Friday and went to my hairdresser's house for a haircut. I told her how her support had always been so meaningful to me, and that her unflagging encouragement had helped me find hope in some difficult moments.

Then I went to Fort Worth to a party for a couple I know who are getting married in 2 weeks. The friend who hosted the party, A, pulled me aside and said that 5 years ago when we met, she felt unworthy to pursue a career in the arts, but that my encouragement was what inspired her to go back to school to pursue her degree so she might one day become an art teacher.

That was really nice, the feeling that a spirit of positive support can be something that regulates a social circulatory system. Nice to be a small part of such a thing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear such nice news.

It's called karma and I believe in it.

Kudos to you :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Nice to be a small part of such a thing.

NOT a small part! A very important and valuable part.

(I almost put "very huge", then realized how that sounded!)

Your blog itself is the heart of an important social circulatory system. Thank you.

LBJ said...

You lead with your own courage and talent, and it's only natural you want to share that with others. Had it not been for the encouragement of friends like you, I too might have set aside a dream or two.

phlegmfatale said...

lainy - thanks, honey!

christina - You're part of MY social circulatory system. Thank you, yourself!

lin - oh my goodness, but I see my cowardice daily - your talent is so abundant and inspiring that you need to share it with as wide an audience as possible. Your writing is truly elegant and inspiring!

g bro said...

Nice work!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Karma it is, and obviously you are on the rght side of the law. Karma Police ain't gonna get you, my dear!

Ann diPomazio said...

Nor will the fashion police. My my you wear some fine shoes. Thank you very much for your support and encouragement. You are such a wonderful soul.

phlegmfatale said...

g bro - aw, shucks.

barbara - well, it's lovely to have such wonderful creative people around

rocket - They ARE fabulous, aren't they? I HAD to wear those, knew you'd love them. You're so welcome, darling, and we need to get together MUCH more frequently in the future! I love how your house is decorated, btw, and the extra-fancy gate is the perfect opener to your domain!

Buck said...

Verily, verily... "what goes around, comes around."

Good on ya, Phlegmmy.