Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yes, this has been the Week of Living High on the Hog™. I promise this will be the last mention of food for a while, but yesterday a mortgage company executive treated me to a posh lunch at this chic pan-Asian eatery, Bengal Coast. Gorgeous food. The restaurant owner came to our table and talked about the sauces. Extra fancy! As pennance, I vow to eat stale crackers and sleep on a stone pillow for the next few days. The rich life is lovely, but perhaps too rich for every day.
__________________________
Exiting to downtown from the tollroad this morning, I saw a billboard announcing that Tom Jones is coming to the local symphony hall in February. Yes-- it's the month for love. I'm wondering if this will be the first panty-throwing event at the Morton H. Meyerson symphony hall? I mean, surely, some women will still throw their knickers at that sexy old alley cat, right? *rowr*

I bring you the following video because every hour should be the Tom Jones Variety Hour. If Isaac Hayes were going to be at the Mort with Tom next month, well, I'd definitely be there, too. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way back in seventyoughtsomething I took Mrs Myron to see Tom Jones for our anniversary. He was at the UofH basketball arena. We really enjoyed the show.

Attila the Mom said...

I just love Tom Jones....

:::sigh:::

Anonymous said...

I'm astounded that Jones can still gyrate or even wants to! I liked the movie he was featured in with Angelica Houston set in Ireland.

Lin said...

Whoah yeah, I still remember those lyrics ...
"She's the kind you want to flaunt and take to dinner,
... she's a wiener."
He was pretty darned hot all right. fan fan fan

Anonymous said...

I swoon to think of Tom Jones. I am actually listening to his "She's a Lady". I watched his t.v. show as a young girl.

He can get me in the mood. Shhhhhhhh don't tell my hubby.

NotClauswitz said...

Interesting menu choices at Bengal Coast. Having grown up there the food is definitely different than the typical North Indian fare - with a regional emphasis on fresh fish and use of tomatos which adds a sweetness unlike other parts of India.
As a student of the region (wrote my thesis on the temple/pilgrim travel network and pre-history), they're correct to identify the East-India, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia nexus - it was once a very active and connected-through-marriage group of maritime trading empires.
But I'm sorry, no Hindu or Muslim would eat a "wok seared pork wrap" or "pork kebab" (WTF??) - mutton or goat, yeh ok, and Mumbai is on the other coast, as is Goa. :-)