Tuesday, April 18, 2006


My braces, she is off today. Getting the damned brackets snapped off was weird, but the absolute worst thing about it was the dremel tool they used to grind the messy resin bits off the surface of the teeth. Drool ran down my cheeks and onto my neck. Braces are a pain in the ass to get on and to maintain, but the dremel heating up the tooth is brutal. I've never had a cavity, but I now understand people who are horrified of dental procedures. Tooth pain is the WORST.
I'll be checking in later and posting at length about Neko Case's phenomenal show at the Granada Theater in Dallas last night. Her voice is astonishing, and it was a fun crowd. If I weren't so wiped out from last week's travel, I'd be going to hear her in Austin tonight. Alas, maybe I'm getting old, because common sense is ruling the day and my butt is staying in Dallas.

8 comments:

SJ said...

You just reminded me I have a dentist story to post about. Will do it when I get home from work :)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I'll bet your smile is brilliant!

May you have a long wait till your next dental appointment.

Anonymous said...

Post a pic of those new teeth!

Anonymous said...

Ow! That does sound painful.
U'r smile ucst be lovely, and
U don't have 2 worry about braces anymore! Go celebrate!
:)

CP said...

Oooooh. I had braces for SIX years when I was 9-15! I HATED it. But now, i have a glamour girly smile! *ting*

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Come to my slumber party! There are painkillers in the Chex Mix!

*mwah*

CP.

Jay Noel said...

dremel tool and teeth....OUCH! My head hurts just thinking about it.

June Cleaver's Revenge said...

I bet you have a million dollar smile now! :)

My daughter's top braces fell off a few weeks ago. She said it felt so strange she could hardly stand it, and it was a relief to get them put back on.

phlegmfatale said...

ian - that was a brutal dental story. sheesh.

barbara - I get my retainer on friday - yeah, I hope I don't ever have another dental date with a dremel-type device. ew.

lightning bug's butt - ok, sometime soon, when the camera is not on the fritz.

starbender - I HAVE been celebrating - nachos, nuts, gooey sticky stuff. Yay!

cp - hand me that chex mix NOW! Wow - 6 years is an eternity to wear braces!

june cleaver's R - It's much better. Yeah, it's been kinda weird. I think it will feel good to have the retainer in, actually.