Friday, August 30, 2013

...while I was getting my schoolie-school ducks in a row...

Erin Palette shared something of a serious and monumental nature about herself.  As I expected to find, she has been overwhelmingly supported by our community.  I am delighted to say that I share in that support.

Truth of it is that since I myself was welcomed into this pro-2A community some handful of years ago, I've found this to be the most accepting, monolithically welcoming and respectful group of which I've been a part.  Our family encompasses a very wide community of people from different political and social strata, and is handily the most erudite and intelligent group of people I've encountered. [here I'm looking meaningfully in the direction of Theater and Literature departments] In other words, this group is a great working model in celebration of diversity, and I've never seen this massive tent fail to welcome someone genuine who comes in honesty and good spirit.  I LOVE OUR FAMILY!

Erin brings a singular energy and zest to the party which has enlivens discussion and promotes debate with much wit and joviality.  I'm very proud of our community for embracing her, and-- again-- I stand by her, too.  And I'm proud of her for trusting us to take her at heart-value. Trust and acceptance goes both ways, and our community is honored when someone feels they can be open and vulnerable here.  I think it says a great deal about us, and it most assuredly says a great deal about Miss Palette.  Huzzah!

1 comment:

Erin Palette said...

You're a sweetheart, Miss Fatale. I couldn't have done this without your love and support. Much love!