Friday, August 30, 2013

My nose in the books...

Busy busy busy study study study.

Today is a big reading day.  The sheer volume of reading/learning I must do this semester is staggering.

Staggering.

It won't do itself: I must work for this, must earn this.  Other people have done this.  I can do this.

What one man can do, another man can do.

I started studying a week ago, but the reading in earnest starts today.  Uniform has been ordered, shoes ordered, name tags ordered from the engraver.  What books have not arrived are in transit now.  Orientation was yesterday.  There's a pretty decent online system of tracking assignments/deadlines, and I've already exchanged contact info with two people who will be my study partners.  If I stay the course and do everything I should do on a day-to-day basis, things should fall into place.  My objective is to maintain a strict study habit which ensures that information is established to a degree that last-minute cramming will be obviated.  I abhor last-minute study-- if you don't know it by that point, well, you flat don't know it at all, baby. 

This is going to be intense, but this is going to be worthwhile.
I can do this.  January of 2012 I said here that I felt that I was about to swim across an ocean over the next 4 years.  I now think I've reached a small island that was within sight of that shore.  The big wide water lay ahead of me. 

Yeah. I can totally do this.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You can definitely do this. We're all pulling for you.

Jess said...

Your fan club thinks it will be a walk in the park for you.

Believe in yourself and the rest is easy.

Vinogirl said...

You can do it, it will be worth all the effort. Algebra made me cry, but I got myself an 'A'. Get stuck in!

Old NFO said...

You go girl! Well within your capabilities!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely you can do this! Here's a bit of wisdom that helped me whenever I felt overwhelmed in college:

Q.: How do you eat an elephant?
A.: One bite at a time.


You go, girl! Keep on chewing!

Purple Magpie

Christina RN LMT said...

Keep on trucking. You're an inspiration to me. I wish I could establish a regular study schedule and STICK TO IT. My middle name is "Procrastination", unfortunately. :(
You will succeed most excellently and we will both have BSN RN after our names before too long.