Sunday, November 04, 2012

longer post to follow

Thursday I had anatomy lecture in the morning, worked most of the day and then went to anatomy lab for more squickful cat dissection. My ear (jaw) was hurting and I didn't feel up to the drive to Dallas so I blew off the PiL show.  Left home about 5:30 Friday morning for the drive to Dallas to meet with my surgeon, then lunch at an Indian place with aepilot_jim and then to the orthodontist for my adjustment.  Then to the Apple store to order (yes, order) my new iPhone 5. I was going to get the 4S, but I succumbed to Jim's peer pressure and ordered the 5.  He reasons that I change phones so infrequently that even the 5 will be obsolete by the time I change next time, so I might as well go whole-hog now.  Then, of course,  I proceeded to buy about $100 of accessories, including a heavy-duty Otter box to protect my investment. 

Went to Nordstrom Rack and got some mittens with a phone-screen-friendly patch on the index fingers so you can use your phone without de-mittening.

Had  a very nice visit with my parents Friday night/Saturday morning, then my niece and nephew and brother-in-law came over and the nice visit continued.  Headed home about Noon and ended up home before dark to reunite with the wee furballs.  Worked quite a bit on my Macroeconomics and a fair bit on anatomy.  More anatomy studying to be done today and a test to take.  I was a bit wobbly on my grades there for a bit, but I think I'm trending in a good direction. 

Sorry for spotty blogging of late, but work/school/sleep seems to be my entire existence much of the time, lately.  Happily so.  It's all for the cause.

4 comments:

tc in tx said...

Did you try the new location for Pasand's in north Dallas called Vindu at Frankford and the Tollway? I was quite pleased to find them again after they moved.

Old NFO said...

Get the education, blogging will wait... :-)

phlegmfatale said...

tc - that is precisely where we had lunch on Friday - Vindu. I have passed many a happy lunch reading and munching at Pasand, and that Campbell/Coit location was not far from my previous house in Prestonwood, so Vindu is a favorite now, too. Like you, I was pleased to find them in their new form.

Old NFO - of course, you are absolutely right, my friend. :)

Jay G said...

Just as long as you take breaks for mental health. Like, say, arranging to get to Houston in May... ;)

Yay iPhone 5!