Friday, November 09, 2012

Here is what I would do:

If my husband were on the line for an organization I found to be corrupt and on the hotseat to, oh, say, testify regarding something illegal/immoral/treasonous the administration did or failed to do, and if it would not help my country in any case, I would insist my husband claim publicly to be unfit to testify because he'd had an affair. I'd hold my head high. I'd wAnt my man as far from that shitstain of an organization as possible. But that's just me.

When one finds oneself with a coyote career, may as well go on and gnaw one's leg off to get out from under it.

But that's just me. Call me crazy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

***updated, 14 November***

So, turns out that Petraeus really did have an affair, and it was probably not wife-approved.

*le sigh*

I'm disappointed, and I knew what I wrote above was from the Pollyanna school of human behavior, but, shoot. It's just ugly, is all. 

So, the administration knew about the affair(s) and held this over his head to ensure favorable testimony, and needed to keep him quiet at least through the election.  At this point, I really hope he goes in and I hope he tells the truth.  What's the worst that could happen to him?  It already has.



1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good point...