Tuesday, February 15, 2011

...and leads to another...

TOTWTYTR put a post up of his favorite Texas songs, inspired by Sabra's list of the her favorite Texas songs.

Gems on both those posts, but I have one particular favourite that did not make their lists, and it came from Chris Rea's excellent 1989 Road To Hell Album. yeah, I said album. Anyway, there's several versions of this on YouTube, but this one's still my favorite. :) I posted this about 4 years ago, but I don't think it would offend to put it up again. :)





Embedding is disabled on this one, but I have to link this superb live recording from Moscow Kremlin Place in 1998. Love love love that guitar work. Love that gravely baritone.

3 comments:

Rabbit said...

I've always appreciated his work, and that's one of my all-time favorites, too.

For some reason, I've been listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard a lot lately on Pandora.

Nancy R. said...

I love this album.

Matt G said...

When that song came out in 1989, I didn't even own a CD player, but I went out and bought the CD, to play on my best friend's player.