Sunday, February 21, 2010

this weekend in Dallas County...


Went to Dallas County this weekend. First part was a trip through Dallas, specifically through Lakewood, and then on to see my folks. I was astonished how everyone had been having a lot of tree work done, apparently. There were lots of tree bits on the parkway in front of pretty much every house, and in some cases yards looked naked where only the stumps remained of what had been massive trees. It wasn't until I got to my folks' house that I realized these trees had massive limbs break off with the weight of the one foot of snow they got a little over a week ago.
In the picture, you can see the piles of trees on either side of the street. Huge piles. Some sections of the street were crowded by the branches on both sides. Eerie.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

It's not just Dallas, it's everywhere... same thing up here in Northern VA.

Anonymous said...

who is looking at the limbs? check out that super hot car!

:)