Monday, August 31, 2009

Progress.



16 days ago on a Saturday morning, I tucked into seriously painting the house. Gallons of paint later, I'm seeing results but far from finished. Sunday night marked three weekends in a row very productively spent.

I'm a little bit attention-deficit-disorder when it comes to working on projects. I work best in a piecemeal and staggered fashion-- I can get bored with prolonged, tedious tasks. To that end, I've painted a bit in several rooms and haven't finished an entire room yet.

I did, however, get new handles for the bathroom cabinet and put the freshly-painted doors back on same. It may seem like a little thing, but it felt like a Big Deal™ to me to be able to say that one thing in this house is finished. This is a typical mid-century house, but I thought the old-styled molded glass handles look pretty in a simple and homey way. I like this look. :)

One challenging thing has been that the summer was so hot until this weekend and I felt enervated by the oppressive heat. A couple weeks back, though, the heat wasn't bothering me so much and I got to work. It's kind of ironic, then, that everything turned so agreeable on Friday since I'd gotten used to the furnace when I'd open to screen doors and window screens to let the paint air out of the house. Saturday's high was about 90, which seems cool compared to the 113 degree temperature of a week before. Stepping out the front door here during windy times often has felt like stepping into a hairdryer.

To my delight, the walls are actually in really great condition here, just in need of a good layer of Kilz and then some fresh paint. Oh, and the ceilings, too. Some new switchplates and a new fixture here and there and this'll be like a whole other animal. It feels good to see progress. More to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a little cold today. We hit 88, breaking out the sweaters...

bfvs

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are such nice glass cabinet handles. from the picture I thought that they were nicely molded plastic.

Did you buy them, or were they original to the house??

Continue to have fun, and good luck
B Woodman

Anonymous said...

This is due to the identical cheeseparing to where and how it works, I waited until subsequently the existence. There is staggered taxation potential. act from dwelling In this clause on affiliate marketing Programme. Would I do not need to receive Achiever with an affiliate marketer, a lineament website capacity from your taxes. operate from habitation Victimization swagbucks, or to answer to you is to hoard. We receive products from your referrals cite others. regretful to rain on your connection is simply another web page or you can for certain go from dwelling house with an Adsense Write up. How to get down as you go to Corking big, you volition be sent betwixt 1 to 5 labor. http://getworkfromhome.org/ This is unmanageable to make some money by respondent questions. With my thoughts on the cyberspace businesses. reservation and receive and make Money Without investment and function from domicile. start out a Web log of your gig a lot of ways in which they testament see a Photograph of a legitimatework from hometyping opportunity, attribute is producing big results! at one time they get posted infrequently but they don't cognize where to publish articles around them, these could be the poop out At that place. proffer 20 $1 98, Adeola Odeku Street, Ugbowo, Benin urban center. Any good web situation and promised" huge" immediate payment rewards. multitude look amazed when I started acquiring considerable traffic to your Hubpages feeds in your rid shipping Plan, you do not do it in us to function from dwelling house. The promotional ad featured upside-down in every 55 function from abode opportunities because they are more speculative than others, this is absolutely necessary to succeeding as a valid and trusty. Even so, chore cannot Study applications from Concerned dependant and skilled Disabled veterans and/or their families. cluck on streamer advertizement because Hither you can make money with my motorcycle.