Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday, Puppy Sunday: Firefly edition

I tend to use little kid toothbrushes because I'm picky about how soft they are, and the adult style never seem soft enough. I try to keep new packs of them around because I tend to go through them pretty quickly. Lately, however there's been a remarkable up-tic in the attrition rate on my toothbrushes.



Miss Praline has discovered that sometimes goodies are left on the bathroom sink, and apparently she hops up there the minute my back is turned, now. Since she'd torn up all my other toothbrushes, yesterday I opened the last remaining unmolested Firefly toothbrush. Don't get excited-- not Firefly the series, but a little toothbrush with an end you can squeeze to make it flash until the little kid has brushed their teeth long enough.



I went out to the car to get something right after brushing my teeth yesterday morning, and when I came back in a few minutes later, the unsprung pink toothbrush below (NEW, yes, new, of late) was bleeding out in the hallway. Oddly enough, it still flashes.



I've long said that to have pups, you need to love them more than anything else you have, because they are little destructors. Maybe we should get it over with and name them all Gozer?

6 comments:

Joe Allen said...

I can't remember who it was, but I remember a great line from a stand-up comedian. He talked about having dogs and how, every time you came home, you got to play a game of "Guess what I don't have anymore".

That's it in a nutshell.

Count to ten and think how much fun the little honyocks are when they aren't crapping in your space hooker boots.

Don said...

My two basset hounds (may they rest in peace) used to be extremely creative demolition experts, but I wouldn't have parted with them for anything.

My children have proven to be much less difficult to manage, and for that I am very thankful :-)

Perhaps you could rename your pups "Gatekeeper" and "Keymaster" just to be able to differentiate them?

Old NFO said...

LOL- Old dog rule, if ya want to keep it, ya want it out of reach...

Anonymous said...

I have found, mousetraps set on the edge of my counters, provide enough shock and awe , to dissuade my unruly pack.The weak springs do them no harm , the snap scares , and my butter dish ect are safer . Work boots and slippers are another issue entirely.

OrangeNeckInNY said...

Make sure she doesn't swallow the battery. The lithium ones are extremely poisonous.

Vinogirl said...

All makes for great stories in the future...when they finally calm down!