Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Edward Update

Remember how I was leaving little tokens d'amour from Edward of Twilight on the desk of his fan D at work?

Thursday was her last day before a vacation, and Edward left her a nice chocolate bar along with a note quoting the first stanza of "She walks in beauty" by Lord Byron. Edward wished her a lovely and restorative holiday.

I returned to work Monday morning to find an email to a few dozen people in the company which read:

Dear Edward,
Thank you so much for the beautiful card and poem. Lord Byron's poem is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!!!!! If you are reading this and do not understand it, then this e-mail is not for you. Please ignore it. If you are Edward - THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY MONTH!!!!

Isn't that cool? She came into the training room the previous week and mentioned the Edward cards, and looked a couple people in the eye and asked them if they were Edward, but she didn't ask me. Else I would fain have been able to give myself away. Anyway, it's a lovely lark and I'm glad she's enjoyed it as much as I have. Maybe moreso. She returns next week, and Edward will no doubt have something lovely waiting for her.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to leave her something from Jacob... I'm on team Jacob. teehee -bfvsaucy

Jon said...

Something special I'm sure. Something that tells of a painful longing while she was away. Something that is sweet and endearing.

Anonymous said...

You're a sly devil. And well worth knowing.

B Woodman

HollyB said...

I just finished reading all your posts since last Thursday. Your writing was mahvelous, Darlin'. As usual.

Don said...

I've been checking in here for quite a while now, and just thought I'd express my admiration for your writing. I thoroughly enjoy the adventures of your puppehs. The wonderful surprises you've been leaving for your coworker have undoubtedly made going to work something to really look forward to; we should all be so lucky.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today as well!

BTW, if you have no objections I'd like to add you to my blogroll!

NotClauswitz said...

I can't help feeling a bit anxious, and thinking you're playing with fire - and I hope you don't get burned.

Zelda said...

You are so very nice.

Anonymous said...

How about a bat? I know right where you can find one
Elsewhere PhD

NotClauswitz said...

I guess I don't get the whole Twilight lifestyle-fan thing. I used to love Vampires and wanted to be one when I grew up - but then I grew up and turned into a dull old fart.