Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OK, so Monday was kinda wild with too much to do, but I decided to carve a couple hours out of the day to take in a movie.

You MUST go see HOT FUZZ - it's simply brilliant. James in comments said it's almost as funny as Blazing Saddles. It's incredibly goofy and clever, with a few shockingly gory scenes. The language is too rough for the kiddies, too, but I highly recommend it.

So I got to the theater just as the lights were lowering and the trailers were beginning. I quickly scanned the theater and found two empty rows sorta in the middle. I walked down to those rows and went over about to the middle of one, all the while looking up to the left at the screen as I tried to find that ring to slide my cup into with my right hand. For an instant, I had the irrational thought that the armrest of that seat was warm, but I instantly dismissed it. Couldn't find the cupholder, so I decided to sit down and find the cup holder afterward. So, I sat down only to find that I was sitting on a very quiet man.

What I'm wondering about is some guy in a darkened theater who DOESn't let a woman know she's about to sit on his lap-- I mean, holy crap! It was so embarrassing. We both laughed, but later on, I decided he was a pervy git.

10 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

We are going to see this tomorrow actually! And I could not be more excited. I just hope I don't sit on someone in all the excitement.

Tickersoid said...

That may have been the highlight of his year. Probably didn't even notice the movie after that.

Detail Medic said...

Totally. My vote is for pervy git.

phlegmfatale said...

barbara - You'll love it. I dunno, you MIGHT sit on someone - it's THAT exciting!

tickersoid - I kept going over it in my mind, thinking, why didn't he SAY something? "Hey, lady..."

detail medic - yup, my vote goes for pervy git, too.

Lin said...

Phlegm, you made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants. You might be genetically related somehow. I did the same thing on a transatlantic flight once, just trying to get some value out of those cheesy buy-up earphones to watch the movie. I didn't realize that the movie view seats turned into a bloody flop house after the cabin lights went down. Amazing how prone people screech when you sit on them. It was horribly, horribly mortifying.

FHB said...

Hilarious. Yea, I bet it made his night. Maybe was thinking "Is this dingbat gonna see me. No? Weeeeell, a quickie!"

HollyB said...

What a PERV! Him, of course, not you.
Prob DID make his YEAR, as someone else said. Wonder how often he pulls this trick on unsuspecting women.

phlegmfatale said...

lin - you mock my pain! *tee hee* Glad you enjoyed it. It was preposterous, and I feel amused and indignant all at the same time, if that's possible. And thanks for the laugh - I'm imagining your own seating surprise on a darkened plane. meep!

fhb - Yeah, obviously, he was waiting for it - and dingbat is the word - what an airhead I am!

hollyb - Yeah, pervy enough. Well, most women are probably more careful when seating themselves in darkened theaters. In future, I will be, too.

Attila the Mom said...

Oh Geezus, I can't stop laughing!! I certainly didn't expect that. Bet you didn't either!

ROFLMAO!

phlegmfatale said...

attila - I was quite surprised, indeed!