Friday, May 30, 2014

A particularly marvelous concerto

I listen to soundtracks quite a bit, but I also have a Baroque music channel on Pandora (called "If It Ain't Baroque" - see if you can subscribe- the more the merrier!) and I have often admired a Concerto Grosso for 2 Violins by Geminiani for it's start similarity to the marvelous music of the Pirates of the Caribbean films - indeed, I think this music was the template on which the film's composer embroidered. I love this piece of music.

It's about 12 minutes, but in my opinion is sublime listening for still moments, or while doing other things. Breathtaking, inspiring, and timelessly lovely.  Magnificent. This has made my day beautiful. :)

I hope you will enjoy it, too.

1 comment:

Le Conteur said...

My Friend,
It has been a very trying week and your choice in music has uplifted me beyond the hope that was there in the leaves of chance...I thank you.

Le Conteur