Monday, October 21, 2013

Not too sick...

Friday I felt better later in the day and managed to get a fair bit accomplished on studies.  I was a little poorly throughout the weekend, but not stay-in-bed poorly, thankfully.

I have a major test tomorrow and I'm ever-so-slightly stressed about the prospect.  This one is for Pathophysiology and includes the chapters on the cardiac and pulmonary systems. Ugh. I'm hoping for middle of the pack. I'd love to be the brilliant star pupil, but with my overcrowded schedule, that's just not been a possibility.  As it is, I'm having trouble getting to sleep and/or staying asleep.

Hopefully things are about to take a positive turn on that score, as this week is my final week at my current (now part-time) job. It's going to be a challenge, but I believe with careful management I can make it. I am so grateful that job came along when it did, and there were many times when it was the perfect job for the moment and I was tremendously content.  It's not a long-term satisfaction job, though, so going on to something else was inevitable.  I will most likely seek to work for them during the heavy summer season for at least a couple of months for the next two years. I leave on very good terms and with tremendous fondness for (and hopefully from) nearly everyone I work with there.  The work itself is not difficult or stress-inducing, but shifting gears and completely pulling focus from my studies for entire 10 hours blocks of a day breaks my continuity and therefore causes a different kind of stress.  I'm happy to move on and thankful I have that option and that I like Ramen noodles. 

YAY, Ramen!

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yech... If I EVER see ramen noodles again, it will be too soon... Gah... :-)

Anonymous said...

All too familiar with Ramen, I'm afraid... You can dress them up a little with inexpensive frozen vegetables like peas, or toss in some green onions or mushrooms when you have them. Then you can pretend your Ramen meal is almost nutritious. :P

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Here's wishing you lotsa smarts on the pathophysiology exam! If anyone can do it, it is certainly a clever person like you.