Tuesday, October 08, 2013

I have crossed oceans of time to find me.

Every day is a good day to mangle a great Gary Oldman character quote, particularly if it's your 48th birthday, as mine is. 

I'm not soiling my smalls just because I'm gosh-darn nearly a half a century old (and STILL so cute!), but I'm casting ahead to my 50th, when I'll have 2 months left of nursing school and will be on the verge of my big new swinging career. WOO HOO!

Meanwhile, I've much work to do. I've been nose-to-the-grindstone all semester. I have a test today and a major test every week from now until, well, end of semester, but I can do this.  :)

I've been behaving and haven't bought shoes or perfume in months, or clothes or anything other than sustenance items.  Until today, that is. I did indulge a modest (for me) selection of three samples from a fragrance house about which I've long been curious, Soivohle.  Carpathian Oud was nigh irresistible, so I didn't.  Sample on its way.  WOO HOO!

So, for your viewing pleasure.  Even with all the freaky-deaky, Our Darling Gary™ just can't hide the sexy! 

3 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Happy Birthday!!

I recall someone telling me a story of a lady who was considering going back to college to become an attorney but hesitated because she would be 50 or so when she was done. The person said, "you'll be 50 anyway, why not be 50 doing what you want to do." (or something to that effect) I always liked that story, and it helped with a midlife career change that some raised an eyebrow to.

You will be a wonderful nurse and we all will be cheering you on as you finish.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Phlegmmie!

AND YOU CAN'T BE THAT OLD, BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE ME...


gfa

Jennifer said...

You will never out-grow the adorable. Happy birthday!