Thursday, January 17, 2013

Y'all is owed a post

I haven't done a rundown of my surgery-- complications-- because I really haven't felt much like sitting at a computer to compose the thing, but I will do, and soon. Feeling wimpy, still , but improving daily.

I did want to throw this out there, though-- while he was dinking around under the hood anyway, the surgeon un-deviated my septum. That, in and of itself, has been a glorious outcome. Two days after the surgery and with my facial swelling in full flower, I recognized that I could breathe through my nose better than ever.

This is all by way of a cautionary tale to say if you have a deviated septum, when you finally get it fixed, you'll wish you'd done it sooner. This is also prime time for Atlas to shrug and get some medical shit done while Atlas still has insurance and before .guv buggers our healthcare systems beyond any recognizability ( or viability).

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breathing through one's nose is so underrated!!! Glad you are on the steady mend.

Lizzy

Le Conteur said...

Phlemmy,
I believe that it is not the circumstances in which we find ourselves that determine our well-being, but rather the way we approach them...you have taught much to this Grasshopper.

Le Conteur