Sunday, November 13, 2011

Remiss in my posting, correcting a neglected duty with regard to Veteran's Day.

Roberta says it here, perfectly: We are indebted to the men and women who have nobly served our nation, and under the weather on Veteran's Day on Friday, I didn't post at all, but I did pause to consider them and to give thanks for their commitment. Saturday I tipped a five spot into a VFW can at the local grocer and took a lovely little poppy for my lapel, which I'll keep wearing.


I'm still reeling from the aftermath of illness. Last week's business trip seems not to have helped. I'll work at least part of the day tomorrow, but this cough is still so bad that I'll probably go to the dr tomorrow. The dr a week ago yesterday told me that after all the shots and 20 days of oral antibiotics, I pretty much could not possibly still be sick and this must be allergies. I think tomorrow I'm going to insist upon another lung xray - because I still think this is pneumonia. Tuesday will make 5 weeks I've been sick.

Not good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well short of you have a rare rabbit caused pneumonia... that much antibiotic should have cleared it

but it does take your lungs a long time to heal from a bad pneumonia you may be feeling the decreased functioning of your lungs, or you may be doing to much too soon for having been so sick.

I hope you feel better soon

B-

Matt G said...

Time for a culture, and a referral to an E.N.T./Allergist?

Rabbit said...

Respiratory syncitial virus or bronchitis, maybe? That's been going around here, from what I've been hearing from doctor friends.

Old NFO said...

Yeah, folks up here have been sick for weeks too... I was lucky, got over mine in a week.