Saturday, November 19, 2011

landed a small role in the musical.

I was excited to learn that I'd been cast in a small role in the musical, and then I went to the theater company's website and saw photos of their current production, all singers wearing small headset microphones. Oh, dear. My singing is full-voiced, and I'm nervous about how that is going to affect the other singers who only croon. Maybe they can ramp the amplification down on my mic? I was excited because this is an older musical with big chorus parts that simply beg for full-voice, classical singing, and it didn't occur to me that the company would use mics on stage.

*sigh*

Still, I'm pleased to be in the cast and I'll do my best to fit in while not hiding it under a bushel.

12 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

So don't leave us hanging, what's the gig?
And, you'll be fine!

Farmmom said...

YAY!!! Have a ton of fun doing this hun :D

drjim said...

You'll do just fine, phlegmmy!

Christina RN LMT said...

Yay, Phlegmmy! Knock 'em dead!

Tam said...

Oh, hooray! :)

You'll kick butt, I just know it.

Vinogirl said...

Wow! I'm impressed!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I've never needed a headset mic either. I'm interested to hear how that goes.

Old NFO said...

Congrats :-)

Anonymous said...

High time you got back to your vocals. You'll be great.

Mulligan said...

I once ran the sound for a musical production that cast 2 VERY different voices in the lead roles. It was challenging but not impossible, although we had stationary mics instead of headsets and had to get a little creative about where people stood. I'm sure the tech has progressed enough to handle it and if the sound crew is up to the challenge all they have to do is learn the script cues and set up the equipment.

good luck :)

Joanna said...

Just get on stage and start belting, and if they're smart they'll turn down your mike. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy. You'll do great!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! :) Don't worry about the headset and being mic'ed. The whole point of having a sound system is to be able to balance all the parts on stage, so the techs (unless they're complete morons) will have no problem adjusting for "too little" or "too much" voice. Sing with gusto! :D :D

PurpleMagpie (who's too lazy to sign in today)